Functions & Services Provided by Department of the Information Technology
The current functions of the Information Technology Department are as under:
Policy matters relating to IT, such as design review and monitoring of the IT Policy for the State and implementation of the relevant Provisions of the IT Act, 2000.
Promotion of knowledge based enterprises, e-commerce; IT enabled services and IT Education.
Development of Microelectronics, IT Standardization, Computer Software Exports etc.
Provision of infrastructures and training for e-governance such as connectivity across Departments, Information Kiosks to the people etc.
To liaise with the Ministry of Information Technology, Govt. of India and its various organizations.
Any other functions, which have a bearing on the newly used technologies in this area.
Services Provided by IT Department:
G2G (Government to Government)
- To provide coordination in planning and implementation of IT Sector Projects involving more than one Department
- To recommend suitable guidelines and instructions to various Departments for promotion of IT in the State.
- To recommend guidelines on purchases of software and hardware as well as after sale services and maintenance and specification of ergonomic furniture.
- To function as a high level/empowered Committee for clearance of Centrally Sponsored Schemes/Projects.
- To increase efficiency and effectiveness of Government through e-Governance initiatives
- Overall guidance and consistency in plan, policy and project implementation accross State Govt. Units through SeMT.
G2B (Government to Business)
- To act as a single window agency for clearance of IT projects in the State.
- To promote knowledge based enterprises, e-commerce; IT enabled services and IT Education
G2C (Government to Citizens)
- To promote IT education and training
- To make Government services more accessible to common citizens and increase effectiveness and reduce turnaround times through various e-Governance initiatives
- Sensitization of EGovernance Initiatives and Capacity building for citizens and various other stakeholders
G2E (Government to Employees)
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of employees through IT interventions