Functions and Services Provided by Department of the Information Technology & Communication
The current functions of the Information Technology & Communication Department are as under:
- Policy matters relating to I.T., such as design review and monitoring of the I.T. Policy for the State and implementation of the relevant Provisions of the I.T. Act, 2000.
- Promotion of knowledge based enterprises, e-commerce; I.T. enabled services and I.T. Education.
- Development of Microelectronics, I.T. Standardization, Computer Software Exports etc.
- Provision of infrastructures and training for e-governance such as connectivity across Departments, Information Kiosks to the people etc.
- To liaise with the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India and its various organizations.
- Any other functions, which have a bearing on the newly used technologies in this area.
Services Provided by IT&C Department
G2G (Government to Government)
- To provide coordination in planning and implementation of I.T. Sector Projects involving more than one Department
- To recommend suitable guidelines and instructions to various Departments for promotion of I.T. in the State.
- To recommend guidelines on purchases of software and hardware as well as after sale services and maintenance and specification of ergonomic furniture.
- To function as a high level/ empowered Committee for clearance of Centrally Sponsored Schemes/ Projects.
- To increase efficiency and effectiveness of Government through e-Governance initiatives
- Overall guidance and consistency in plan, policy and project implementation accross State Government Units through SeM.T..
G2B (Government to Business)
- To act as a single window agency for clearance of I.T. projects in the State.
- To promote knowledge based enterprises, e-commerce; I.T. enabled services and I.T. Education
G2C (Government to Citizens)
- To promote I.T. education and training
- To make Government services more accessible to common citizens and increase effectiveness and reduce turnaround times through various e-Governance initiatives
- Sensitization of E-Governance Initiatives and Capacity building for citizens and various other stakeholders
G2E (Government to Employees)
- To improve the efficiency and effectiveness of employees through I.T. interventions