PeMT is a Project-level body under each State Department, set up to implement the e-Governance initiatives of that Department and State MMPs
PeMT (Project e-Governance Mission Team) - An overview
PeMT is a Project-level body under each State Department, set up to implement the e-Governance initiatives of that Department and State MMPs including conceptualization, development, design and implementation, rollout and Operations & Maintenance of these e-Governance initiatives. This team shall oversee project execution, manage implementation and deal with technology, process, external Agency management & change management related issues.
Personnel in the PeMT would be providing assistance in Bid process management for engaging external Agency etc..Until such time, individual PeMTs are formed by the respective Departments, they may take necessary support from SeMT for handling early stages of project i.e. Project Conceptualization, Project Proposal formulation and early stage of Bid process.
PeMT to perform Indicative key activities similar to SeMT scope of work. The following indicative core PeMT activities will require the involvement of any or all of the PeMT personnel across the expertise areas.
- Provide assistance to State Departments in preparing Detailed Project Reports (DPR) for Central and State MMPs
- Assist in detailing key activities of the project, finalizing the approach and methodology to be adopted and highlight the intended benefits and outcome of the project.
- Assist in undertaking cost-benefit analysis amongst various technology and policy options etc.
- Provide guidance on long term viability and sustainability of the e-governance initiative.
- Assist in selecting / choosing the appropriate technology options for the envisaged project.
- Assist in budgeting and commercial estimation required for the DPR preparation.
- Provide assistance to State Departments in Bid Process Management and selection of external Agencies
- Assist Departments in finalizing key areas of Scope of Work, Bidevaluation framework and criteria, service levels etc. during Tender preparation.
- Assist Departments in Bid evaluation and vendor selection.
- Support State line departments or the State Nodal Agency in Contract preparation, negotiation and finalization in respect of State MMP.
- Assist Departments in coordinating and reviewing progress of external Agencies.
- Facilitate Programme Management of various e-Governance projects
- Assist the State/UT in identifying e-Governance projects for the Departments.
As PeMT, the Selected Agency
wil assist the State/UT in monitoring and tracking
progress of various e-Governance initiatives in the Department,
and will be required to prepare frameworks and templates and use
standardized tools to assist in the implementation of the
following key Programme Management procedures:
- Issue Tracking and Resolution,
- Conflict Management,
- Knowledge Management,
- Program Communication (internal and external),
- Performance Evaluation and Review,
- Information and Technology Risk Assessment,
- Information Management,
- Risk Management,
- Financial Management (Viability, Costing and Monitoring),
- Project Plan and Monitoring,
- Change Control etc.
- Provide assistance and expertise for e-Governance related Trainings§
- Participate in key Trainings, Seminars, Discussions, Events related to e-Governance in the Department
- Assist in Training of key State Officials, senior stakeholders, other PeMT personnel and State personnel as identified by the State Nodal Agency by providing expert inputs on areas like Programme Management, Change Management, Financial Management, Technology Management etc.
- Handling of day to day PeMT operations
- Preparation of guidelines, policy documents and TORs etc., pertaining to various activities of e-Governance in the State/UT.
- Collation of progress reports of various e-Governance initiatives in the Department and generating dash board view.
- Interaction & follow-up actions with various Departments and Agencies in the State, relevant Departments and Ministries at Central level (as and when required) and any external Agencies.
- Preparation of periodic progress reports and MIS in an agreed format to be submitted to the Purchaser.
- Preparing Agenda Notes, reports etc for Apex Committee and High Powered Committee meetings. File handling (PeMT related matters), responding to queries / input required, Preparation of internal Note-sheets for getting approvals/sanctions. Monitoring fund flow and utilization of CB Scheme on a monthly basis. Undertake field visits from time to time to evaluate project progress Travel & stay costs will be borne by State/UT).
- Handing over and knowledge transfer to the permanent staff being recruited for PeMT.
- Internalizing the outputs/reports of the external Agencies. The exact nature of support provided as part of PeMT would vary over the period of time. The breadth of activities provided by PeMT will expand based on the overall success and challenges faced in the implementation of the e-Governance initiatives.
Other Related Activities:
Performance Management of personnel provided for PeMT Process for Performance Management
The Performance Management process will help in managing the performance of the PeMT personnel provided on Temporary Staffing and help the department to achieve the strategic objectives envisaged as part of the PeMT.
Each Selected Agency at the State/U.T. will be required to establish a robust Performance Management process to manage the performance of their personnel provided for Temporary Staffing and link it to the Scope of Work as outlined in this Tender and any other requirement (if any) issued by the State Nodal Agency.
As part of the Performance Management process, each Selected Agency will be required to carry out the following key activities
- Create a Personal Scorecard for each Personnel provided as part of the Temporary Staffing services. The Personal Scorecard will contain details of the key activities to be performed and the goals to be met by the personnel.
- Finalize the Personal Scorecard after discussions with the Head of the State Nodal Agency/ SeMT.
- Prepare a framework and evaluation methodology to review the performance based on the Personal Scorecard.
- The Onsite Project Manager of the Selected Agency along with representative of the State Nodal Agency should evaluate the performance of the personnel provided for Temporary Staffing based on the Personal Scorecard of each Personnel. Such activity should be carried out on a bi-monthly basis and evaluation report should be submitted to the State Nodal Agency/seMT.
- Post review of performance, incorporate feedback of the State Nodal Agency in the Personal Scorecard of each personnel.
Reporting and Status Updates
The Selected Agency at the PeMT level will be required to provide Monthly Status Reports to the State Nodal Agency and the DIT on the performance of work at the PeMT.
The format for the Status updates will be decided based on mutual discussions with the Purchaser and finalized with the State Nodal Agency. Roles and Responsibilities, Skills and Experience required for the PeMT Personnel .It is expected that the PeMT will consist of Personnel across the four key domains of Programme Management, Change Management, Technology Management and Financial Management or their skill set will be augmented or guided by SeMT
The broad Roles and Responsibilities of the personnel across these areas are as follows:
Programme Management Expert
- Interact with the State e-Governance Mission Team and other relevant governance bodies to identify their issues and concerns in matters related to the implementation of NeGP
- Provide inputs to the State e-Governance Apex Committee and other relevant governance bodies on various matters related to e-Governance and help them understand and analyze the policy guidelines issued by various Central Agencies/ Committees etc
- Support Dept e-Governance Apex Committee in resolving intradepartmental coordination issues related to technical, architectural, support, inter dependency, standards, security, core, and support or shared infrastructure issues etc.
- Programme Management
- Develop and establish suitable Programme Monitoring Framework for the Department under guidance from the SeMT/State Nodal Agency
- Monitor the implementation of various MMPs and NeGP components in the State departments and provide inputs
- Analyze the progress of the NeGP in the State and highlight any issues/ slips to higher authorities
- Ensure that the different e-Governance projects being developed are in alignment with the overall objectives of NeGP
- Assist the individual departments of the State Government in creating a dedicated team for conceptualizing and undertaking e-Governance projects in their departments.
- In close coordination with the Purchaser, assist the State Government in addressing the issues related to Capacity Building
- Oversee the status of fund utilization by various Departments of the State towards various aspects of NeGP
- Ensure Financial Appraisal of project reports received from the various State Departments
- Manage the financials of the PeMT and provide regular inputs to the the state PeMT Management
- Oversee the functioning of PeMT and ensure that it is able to suitably meet the requirements of the State Government in implementation of NeGP
- Prioritize and allocate available resources/ work to the PeMT Personnel to ensure effective service delivery within the defined structure
- Clearly establish performance targets for the SeMT personnel in line with their assigned roles & identify developmental needs of the PeMT personnel and e Champions – ensure that specific training interventions are administered
- Ensure that the requirements of the Department in matters like preparation of EoI/ RFP/ Contracts/ PPP and other related matters are suitably addressed
- Identify Change Management needs of the Departments and formulate change management strategies in consultation with the State IT Department/IT Society/External Consultants
- Support the State Government in the roll out of Awareness and Communication efforts as part of the NeGP
Financial Management Expert
- Analyze and understand the requirements of the Departments in relation to Financial Management of the e-governance projects
- Develop and support in establishing suitable Financial Management processes in the State Departments in line with overall policy guidelines issued
- Analyze various PPP models possible for e-Governance projects with State Departments and support in design of appropriate model
- Monitor the funding status of various e-Governance projects and collect data on utilization of funds
- Prepare reports on the fund utilization and provide inputs
- Support the Departmental Apex Committee in decision making process for matters related to financing of e-Governance projects
- Track expenses, ensure proper allocation and use of funds, review budget revisions and ensure timely payments to vendors
- Support State Departments in Financial Modeling of the e-governance projects
- Appraise the project reports for their financial viability and provide expert advice to ensure financial robustness of the projects
Contracts & Procurement
- Support the Department in developing standard Contracts, RFP and other relevant guidelines.
- Support State Departments in vendor evaluation and deployment.
Technology Management Expert
Design & Architecture
- In coordination with the SeMT at DIT, define and implement the standards for Application Development, Database Design and Infrastructure Deployment.
- Support the Dept Committee in decision making on technological issues related to e – governance
- Assist the Governmental depts.. in coming up with a robust IT infrastructure to support the roll out of e – governance projects.
- Ensure that individual project level initiatives are interoperable,standardized, scalable and secure across various areas of software, hardware and infrastructure.
- Partner with the other resources within the departments and help them in developing technical standards/ architecture/ product specifications for the e–governance projects
- Conduct Technical Appraisal of the various project reports received from the State Departments.
- Assist State Departments in technical evaluations of external agency proposals related to implementation of various e–governance initiatives.
- Assist State Departments in price negotiations related to IT goods procurement.
- Support in monitoring/ help establish suitable network/ IT infrastructure monitoring system at the departmental level.
Change Management Expert
- Identify Change Management initiatives as part of Government Process Reengineering exercise.
- Synchronize change management efforts with the State/ National level initiatives.
- Provide capacity for scaling up of resources as and when required
- Provide stronger focus on change management through efficient communication, workshops, trainings etc.
- Support the State Departments in sourcing of the consultants.
- Coordinate and work closely with SeMT and assist them in the implementation of CB Scheme
- Develop and implement action plans based on the Capacity Building roadmap and training strategy to achieve the State wide capacity building targets
- Identification of State wide Training and Capacity Building needs of the state department personnel
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs
- Conduct assessment of the existing training infrastructure in the state and development of action plan to improve their capacity to lead the training interventions in state
- Identification of external training agencies and supporting the State Departments/ State Government in Empanelment process for these agencies
- Development of course content and training programs aimed at Capacity Building for management and implementation of e-governance initiatives
- Provide support in development of programs aimed at sensitizing the senior political and executive leadership towards e-governance initiatives
Business Process Reengineering
- Ensure assistance in identification of the capacity and all other gaps in carrying out BPR exercises and develop plans to address the same
- Ensure assistance in the prioritization of the BPR initiatives related to a particular e – governance initiative
- Ensure program level monitoring of the BPR initiatives being carried out by different departments and ensure uniformity as wel as adequate level of synchronization among them
- Provide inputs on the institutional/ legal/ procedural implications of planned process changes and ensure that the respective Departments are sufficiently informed on the same
- Lead and direct creation of knowledge by collecting and providing benchmark as well as best practices for different processes to the State Departments to avoid duplication of effort and to shorten the learning curve
- Study the projects of various departments and suggest prospective use of tools like BPM (Business Process Management) etc , or alternatively guide them on best way forward
- Formulate strategy to increase the awareness among the State Departments/ PeMTs about the importance of BPR exercises o Liaise with the BPR team at DIT and provide critical inputs for designing guidelines and policies around various Government Process changes